Since my primary motivation for starting this blog was to keep me accountable and motivated I’m going to be reporting my progress on 2010 goals each quarter. So without further ado, let’s take a look at progress during the first quarter.
1. Weight Loss. I wanted to lose 25 pounds this year and have made no progress. Take that back, I made negative progress as that number’s up a pound or two. This also means I haven’t gone back to get my triglycerides checked because I know it won’t be good news.
Adjustment: I will be starting to work on this after our vacation later this month. I don’t want to disrupt my momentum on a cruise ship so will start in earnest after our return.
2. Home Decor. I know many people wouldn’t have to make it a goal but decorating is really not my forte. The good news is that we made progress and actually bought a piece of metal art for our living room. My son and daughter-in-law were pleasantly surprised when they came to Easter dinner.
Adjustment: My goal is to get the living room art/pictures up this second quarter. That leaves the kitchen window coverings for the second half of the year.
1. Debt Snowball. I’m doing well on this and am on track still to be debt free by the end of 2011.
Adjustment: No adjustment needed.
2. Estate Planning. We haven’t started with this and still need to get our wills in place.
Adjustment: Schedule for 3rd quarter.
1. Visitors. Although I haven’t met this goal yet, I’m on target to have 100 subscribers by the end of the year. Participating in blog networks such as the Yakezie Challenge bring new readers and help me grow as a blogger.
Adjustment: Continue working on producing good content and participating in the personal finance blog community.
2. Design. I’ve installed the Thesis theme, but really don’t know yet how to improve the design and SEO capability. Another blogger is helping me with a header which I hope to have installed soon.
Adjustment: Spend time learning how to maximize capabilities in the theme.
That’s how I measure up to these six goals so far. How are you doing on your 2010 resolutions and/or goals?
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.