Mr. Boomer and I have upgraded our sleep experience the last three weeks. Remember that new bedroom set I got a few week ago? The bed frame is now home to a new TEMPUR-Contour Signature mattress and Advanced Ergo Adjustable Base from Tempur-Pedic.
Our Sleep Experience
It’s true that sleep disturbances are more common as you age. With our old mattress, it wasn’t uncommon to have 1-2 nights a week where at least one of us wasn’t able to get a good night’s sleep. It could be because the dog was jumping up and down from the bed, one of us went to the bathroom, hot flashes or just because we had an old, uncomfortable mattress.
Whatever the reason, it seemed unusual to sleep the entire night! Now, we’re both in dreamland all night. What a pleasure to wake up refreshed and ready for the day! My back no longer hurts from a mattress that didn’t provide the right support.
Even our dog prefers the new mattress. Charger has abandoned his doggie bed on the floor and is sometimes in the bed before we are. He stretches out and seems to really be enjoying the support of the cushion layer.
I am no longer awakened by my husband (or dog) getting in and out of the bed. You’ve probably seen the commercial where the wine glass is set on one side of the bed and someone jumps up and down and the wine doesn’t spill. I haven’t specifically done THAT, but the motion does not transfer!
The adjustable base is a luxury we’re still getting used to, but quickly! We love it for reading in bed and not ending up with a pain in the neck. The massaging feature is probably not something we’ll use much but it’s fun.
TEMPUR-Contour Signature Mattress & Advanced Ergo Adjustable Base
I now know why Tempur-Pedics are the most highly recommended beds in America; but let me tell you more about the specifics! The 12 inch mattress combines the famous Tempur-Pedic support with a thick TEMPUR comfort layer for proper alignment and truly restful sleep. Highlights include:
- Comfort layer lightly cushions your body for a firm supportive feel
- Minimizes pressure points to relieve discomfort, reducing tossing and turning for better quality sleep
- Supports and aligns your body so you fully relax for more restful sleep
- Optimal air flow and breathability responds to your body so you sleep comfortably
- Reduces motion transfer between sleep partners for uninterrupted sleep
- Returns to its original shape time after time, and ensures 20 years of use (there’s a 20 year limited warranty!)
The TEMPUR Advanced Ergo base puts you in control: a virtually unlimited number of ergonomic rest positions and rejuvenating massage. The wireless remote lets you control movement from the comfort of your bed. Features include:
- Virtually unlimited head and foot positions increase comfort, improve relaxation, help breathing and relieve stress on your lower back
- 70° upright angle makes it easy to read, watch TV, or use a laptop
- Wall-hugging design keeps you near the nightstand
- Single button to automatically return mattress to the flat position
- Memory buttons store up to 4 memory positions
- Head and foot massage with rolling wave feature
- Wireless remote works without pointing it directly at the receiver
- Bed can be lowered during power outage or remote failure
You can Have a Tempur-Pedic Too!
If you’re in the market for a new mattress set, check out the Tempur-Pedic products. One lucky reader won’t have to buy their own TEMPUR-Contour Mattress and Advanced Ergo Adjustable base. I’ll be back with more on that later this week. Until then, try to get a good night’s sleep. I know I will sleeping well!
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Tempur-Pedic to help promote the TEMPUR-Contour Signature mattress and Advanced Ergo Adjustable Base. This includes compensation for my time commitment to the program including writing about my experience and hosting a contest where the prize has been provided by Tempur-Pedic. All opinions stated are my 100% mine!