Not much of note for me to say about June which is kind of notable. Wait, I did make it to the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta during some free time on a business trip. Despite my pledge to join Red in cutting out soda… I can’t do it!
This wrap-up will include a quarterly review of the 2010 resolutions goals I set in January.
June was pretty uneventful in this front and I was able to stay on budget without much trouble. I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll remain that way all summer! My first Bucksome Boomer revenue was entered into the books. Woo hoo!
2010 Personal Goals
1. Weight Loss. I haven’t made progress on losing 25 lbs but in my defense I was diagnosed as having Hashimoto’s disease which essentially means my thyroid stopped working. Of course, I’ve been very tired and not losing weight for months before then. At least it’s not because I’m getting old! FAIL
2. Home Decor. The modest goal of hanging up pictures is moving along. I shared my budget art last month so the living room is looking “lived in” now. In the next quarter I’ll work on kitchen window coverings which is part two of this goal. SUCCESS
2010 Financial Goals
1. Debt Snowball. Debt repayment is still going well. I am on target to be focused on the student loan in early 2011. SUCCESS
2.Estate Planning. We are so bad about getting our wills prepared. Must get done soon…. FAIL
2010 Blog Goals
1. Visitors.As you might have noticed in my monthly blog statistics visits have been growing every month this year. Although Feedburner is a little wonky, I have nearly met my goal of 100 subscribers so I’ll be upping this as soon as I pass that magic number. SUCCESS
2. Design. The Thesis theme is installed and I’ve hired a designer to help improve the look. I consider this a success because there’s progress (even though you might not see it yet). SUCCESS
June Blog Stats
After the volume increase in May I was happy to have visits increase 7% last month although page views were flat. This was due to the increase in repeat visitors.
Phase one of the Yakezie Alexa challenged ended Sunday with my Alexa ranking at 101,506 which is far better than I could have imagined.
Special thanks to the top referrers last month (excluding social media and search sites):
1. Wise Bread
2. Surviving and Thriving
3. Girl With the Red Balloon
4. GraceFUL Retirement
5. Money Smarts
6. Frugal Hacks
7. The Frugal Girl
8. Financial Samurai
9. No More Spending
10. Deliver Away Debt
Thank you again to readers and bloggers that send readers my way. It’s been a great year so far and I can’t wait to see what the future brings. How was your month?
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.