I didn’t plan a post for today and was going to skip it when I was inspired by My Pretty Pennies. She posted these questions that I thought would be fun to answer.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gasoline ($35). This wasn’t a week that I paid bills so no big expenses and I stuck to home last weekend following a business trip. Next week should be different.
2. Today I feel motivated towards money. I’ve been able to generate some ad revenue recently which has motivated me to get even more. The hold-up really has been me as I don’t like negotiations. A little success has left me wanting more.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was playing with my dog. Charger likes to run back and forth through the house with a toy and one of us chasing him. His enjoyment is infectious and we end up laughing and happy.
4. I will consider this week a success if I unplug from email during dinner. I have a terrible habit now of checking the phone for new messages every 10 minutes. I didn’t even realize it until my sister-in-law asked what I was doing last weekend. I need to cut back at least during meals!
5. One of my most memorable birthdays was my 50th. My husband hosted a birthday dinner at the Melting Pot with my two sons and daughter-in-law in attendance. The communal cooking experience was a lot of fun and kept the conversation flowing. To top it all off my coworkers decorated my office (see door above) and made it a truly special day.
How was your money week?
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.