We’re still in the midst of the never-ending heat wave, but the calendar points to the end of summer (figuratively) with Labor Day upon us. This week we learned that the Federal Reserve believes the recession ended last month. This is great news, but predictions are for a slow, fragile recovery.
One of the positive highlights is that American productivity was up in August and it seemed that Personal Finance blogger productivity was definitely up this past week as well. It was hard to chose my favorite so I upped the number to six this week.
1. Make Money Recycling: Get Paid to Recycle by 15 Websites.Recycling is common here in the West, but the Boomer household has only recycled locally. Elizabeth Sanberg @ Wisebread offers 15 sites that will pay you for your recyclables ranging from cell phones to golf balls.
2. Dave Ramsey: An Introduction For Newcomers. I’ve posted often about Dave Ramsey and his course, Financial Peace University. Craig @ Money Help for Christians writes a thorough, informative post on Dave’s teachings and resources.
3. Money Fallacies We Thought Were True As Kids. David @ My Two Dollars offered a fun discussion on how kids perceive money. What kind of money fallacy did you believe? You can read mine in this article’s comments.
4. I Love Football.Since I love football (Go Chargers), this article from Dave Ozment @ Do You Dave Ramsey caught my eye. The parallels between football and finances kept my attention.
5. Finance is really not that complicated. There are a lot of nuances to personal finance, but J. Money @ Budgets are Sexy brings us all to reality by pointing out that finance is really three, yes three, simple steps. You’ll have to read his article to learn them!
6. Seven Cheap Ways to Celebrate Labor Day. If your plans are not set for the remaining Labor Day weekend, check out Aryn @ Sound Money Matter’s post for frugal ideas. Whatever you do, have a wonderful holiday and keep reading!
These are the carnivals I participated in this week (upped my total from two!).
Festival of Frugality #193 – hosted by Canadian Finance Blog
207th Carnival of Debt Reduction – hosted by Success Secret
Everything About Personal Finance 10th Edition – hosted by Nil2Million.com
Carnival of Financial Planning #105 – hosted by The Skilled Investor