Tomorrow kicks off the start of the Manage Your Money Challenge hosted by Brad Chaffee @ Enemy of Debt. In addition to participating yours truly is a sponsor! I’m so excited to be able to provide a prize to one lucky participant. Maybe it can be you. It’s not too late to sign up. Just read the details here.
Also take advantage of the articles I found noteworthy this week listed below.
1. 365 Days of Saving Money: My “Dollar Store” Kitchen. @ Modern Tightwad has been sharing a tip a day on saving money and this article highlights the many kitchen-related items available at the dollar store. Instead of spending thousands outfit a kitchen for less than $100.
2. Guide To Sewing Buttons: How To Sew On A Button Correctly. This guest post @ The Digerati Life is a nice tutorial on what seems to be becoming a lost skill. (P.S. I do know how to sew a button but in case my sons read this I know they don’t!)
3. Writing a Financial Mission Statement. Use this article from @Cash Money Life as a guide to create your own financial mission statement.
4. 7 Steps In Overcoming Rejections In Job Search. A lot of people are job-hunting and rejection is part of the process sometimes. Use these tips from @ Well Heeled Blog to make the most of not being selected.
5. Top 100 Places to Retire – 2010 List Edition.@ Go To Retirement talks about the top 10 cities for retirement per Topretirements.com. Interestingly, San Diego is number 9 (and that’s where I want to leave).
6. Personal Finance Lessons from American Idol. Just like I learned real estate lessons from watching House Hunters @ Being Frugal found meaningful lessons in American Idol (and Mr. Boomer thinks I’m wasting my time).
7. Needs Versus Wants: The Great Spending Debate. Use these questions from @ Consumerism Commentary to figure out if your potential purchase is really needed.
8. Three Reasons You Should EFile. @ Consumerist gives us three compelling arguments for e-filing your taxes. I’m already sold; what about you?
Friday Finds @ Out of Debt Again
Baby Boomers Blog Carnival Twenty-Eighth Edition @ Baby Boomers U.S. (The Blog)
Festival of Frugality #218 – America Saves Week Edition @ Think Your Way to Wealth
Carnival of Money Stories 2: Bob Gibson 1968 Season Edition @ Personal Finance by the Book
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.