President Barack Obama was selected to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize this week. Whether you voted for him or not, was it not a proud moment for our country? Evenings were filled with major league baseball playoffs and Jim and Pam’s wedding (The Office).
Miss M @ M is for Moneyis celebrating the blog’s first birthday. Sometimes I feel so late in the blogging world but then someone like Miss M inspires me as proof it is possible to be successful without having blogged for five years or more. Happy birthday and to many more. I really enjoy your writing!
1. Saving Money is not Hard! Miss M points out that despite what advertisers may try to convince you, saving money is not mission impossible. You just have to make this payment to yourself a budget line item and stick to it.
2. That Makes me Stabby: Gifts=Love.Other than the fact that I didn’t understand the meaning of the word “stabby”, this article by Aryn @ Sound Money Matters is relevant as we prepare for the holidays. As we plan to downsize gifts this season it’s important to understand that the true value of a gift is not the price but rather the thought, care and meaning behind it. Oh, stabby means very bad mood or crazy mad.
3. 4 Estate Planning Documents You Need Today. Jill @ Moolanomy reminds us of the importance of putting your ducks in a row with a will, durable power of attorney, health care proxy and living will. Mr. Boomer and I planned to do this several months ago but neglected the task. Don’t follow our example!
4. How to Read Your Social Security Statement. Do you know what the annual pre-birthday social security statement means? Jim Wang @ Bargaineering explains how to read the estimated benefits, earnings and how to identify red flags.
5. We’re Ignorant Idiots! Tell Us Why A Flat Tax is Not Fair.I don’t think anyone will argue that the current tax system is easy, fair or even a good system. Financial Samurai makes the case for a flat tax in the U.S. A close runner-up on this site is the article on controlling spending for the month of September.
Carnival of Everything About Personal Finance 12th Edition @ Nil2Million.com
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009. All Rights Reserved.