A six month long baseball season with 161 games played and it comes down to the final game for the Padres.
They will go to a 1 game playoff for the division with a win. If they lose and the Braves lose than it’s a 1 game playoff for the wild card. This team has exceeded expectations all season so I’m a proud fan no matter what happens.
Due to my dental problem I haven’t been able to finish my reader this week. (However, there is a pleasant side to pain medications!). Here are my favorite posts of those I did read.
1. An Indispensible Guide on How to Get the Best Price on Christmas Gift Cards. This post from Money Help for Christians is a must read if gift cards are on your holiday gift list.
2. 5 Things You Shouldn’t Be Buying in Bulk. Use this list from Money Crashers to make sure you don’t buy a large volume of these products with a short shelf life.
3. Yard Sale Tips: The Final Tactics to Purge Your Crap. Great tips from Man Vs. Debt on hosting a successful sale.
4. The Most Fiscally Irresponsible Song Lyrics. Although I had never heard of many of the artists it’s a good way to look at financial principles in this post from Richly Reasonable.
5. Coupons on a first date, yay or nay?. Well Heeled Blog is asking the question and my answer is…nay!
6. My First Car was a Heap of Junk How About Your’s?. Financial Samurai took me back to my little red tin can of a Datsun.
7. Want to buy that car? Don’t test-drive it. Funny About Money suggests a better way to try out a potential new car.
Carnival of Wealth #5 @ Personal Dividends
Carnival of Personal Finance: Little Red Riding Hood Edition @ Well Heeled Blog
Weekend Reading: Six Month Anniversary Edition @ Invest it Wisely
Sherpa Picks: Eating, Downsizing and More! @ Cash Flow Sherpas
Black Coffee: Houston, We Have a Problem. @ Len Penzo Dot Com
The High Cost of Entertainment @ Hope to Prosper
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.