Happy Valentine’s Day! Mr. Boomer and I saw a musical last night and are going to brunch today. We rather spend money on sharing experiences together than gifts. I hope you’re having a nice day however you celebrate.
Tomorrow is my first holiday at work since New Year’s Day. It’s also a nice break as the next one isn’t until Memorial Day in late May. (Maybe this is why I usually take vacation in April.)
I’d really rather have Veteran’s Day in terms of sentiment but President’s Day is good calendar-wise. What do you think?
1. Low Cost Computing for a Baby Boomer Lifestyle. @ Go To Retirement lists free tools for computers that are useful no matter your age group. There’s a couple here that are new to me.
2. Are You Smarter Than the United States Government? The Enemy of Debt poses several questions to test your financial smarts versus Uncle Sam. I’m smarter and I bet your are too!
3. 33 Essential Items For Your Bug Out Bag. This is another term for emergency kit (or what Californians call an earthquake kit) but it’s a good list from @ Frugal Dad to help you put one together. Read the comments for additional must have items.
4. Need Debt Motivation? Calculate Your Daily Cost. @ Budgets Are Sexy promotes calculating your daily cost of debt for motivation. What’s your daily price tag?
5. How To Create a Singing Fund. Read how to set up savings (otherwise known as sinking) funds for recurring costs from @ Deliver Away Debt.
6. 6 Tips to Save Money when Purchasing Appliances.It would have been good to have this article from @ Money Ning when purchasing a washer and dryer in the past months. Read this before you go shopping.
7. Part 1: 6 Tips for Saving Money on Groceries. Groceries are a budget category where you can save a lot of money by shopping smarter. @ Money Crashers gives us a dozen tips between this post and part 2 to help cut in this area.
8. 4 Ways to Enjoy the Movie Theatre Experience for Less. @ Free from Broke gives us four good ways to save and still get to enjoy movies at the theatre. Mr. Boomer and I are matinee fans.
9. 6 Tips for Saving Big Money On Office Supplies. Use these ideas from @ Wise Bread to save on office supplies. I didn’t know about the savings printer setting.
10. Follow These Four Tips to Eliminate Your Debt. @ Discover Debt Freedom has boiled debt elimination down to four basic steps.
Money Hacks Carnival #103: Snowed In Edition @ Need Money Tips
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.