Wednesday is Veterans Day which is an annual day to honor and remember those who have served in the US Military. This day was formally identified as a holiday in 1919 to note the one year anniversary of the end of the “war to end all wars”…World War One. Unfortunately this was not the war to end all wars.
This year’s ceremonies will include extra sadness based on the recent workplace violence at Ft. Hood, Texas. Please take some time on this Federal holiday to remember those who have served our country especially those that made the ultimate sacrifice.
Okay, shake off the somber mood and let’s get on with some interesting reads this week.
1. What’s Your Financial Profile? Read Brad @ Enemy of Debt’s article discussing good, bad and ugly (okay that is one of Mr. Boomer’s favorite movies) financial profiles. I think I’ve transitioned from well-off but broke to comfortable, generous and stable. What about you?
2. 50 Christmas Gift Ideas: Make Your Own Personalized Gifts. For those of us on a budget this holiday season (and who isn’t) Craig @ Money Help for Christians provides 50 ideas for those gifts we all cherish…homemade.
3. The Great Big List of 75 Budgeting Tools, Finance Software and Iphone Money Apps. Peter @ Bible Money Matters one-ups Craig’s number and gives us 75 various tools to use in managing your personal finances. I have IPhone lust (which you’ll read about later this month) and would love to give those apps a try.
4. Should You Purchase A Cheaper Product or Upgrade to a More Expensive Product?Craig @ Moolanomy Personal Finance makes a good point about buying a entry level product instead of one with all the bells and whistles that may end up not being used. I bought a Microsoft Zune at a great price a couple of years ago to see if I would use it before going with an Ipod. The verdict is that yes I use it, but it meets my needs so I don’t need an Ipod yet.
5. 12 Ways to Use Up Leftover Halloween Candy. If you still have any Halloween candy left over you probably just want it to go away. Jenn @ Frugal Upstate has 12 great ideas on how to put it to good use. I must say the leftover candy cake sounded appealing!
Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #114 @ The Skilled Investor
Baby Boomers Blog Carnival Twelfth @ Baby Boomers U.S. (The Blog)
Carnival of Money Hackers #89 – My Favourite Coffee Edition @ The Financial Blogger
Carnival of Money Stories @ Christian PF
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009. All Rights Reserved.