It’s been so long since we had a lot of rain (is the drought over yet?) that six days in a row of rain, wind, and cold has been a shock. The good news is that it kept San Diegans from complaining all week about the Chargers loss (and we need the water).
Who am I kidding! There was a lot of talk all week about who to blame for the Chargers’ terrible play. The leading contenders are: the head coach, the kicker or the offense. Sorry to digress, but it’s an open wound here.
Free Retirement Advice
Kiplinger’s and National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) are offering free retirement advice on Tuesday, January 26th. You can either submit your question online or call (888) 919-2345 between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern time.
1. Gourmet Coffee Recipes: Make Your Own Starbucks Coffee Drink. Silicon Valley Blogger @ The Digerati Life includes a recipe for my favorite Starbucks drink. Now I can save even more on those cinnamon dolce lattes!
2. Tax Refund: Will You Save It, Pay Off Debt, Invest It, Or Waste It? Brad (aka Enemy of Debt) continues to challenge us to think outside the box regarding money. You’ll make the most of your tax refund by planning how to use it in advance.
3. Request Your Clue Report. Did you know about Clue reports? Jim @ Bargaineering reminds us to check it and includes a link to a post on seven free reports you should be checking.
4. Money Saving Monday: The Internets. Stew @ Gather Little by Little provides a blast to the past. I remember staying up all night the day I first forayed onto the world wide web.
5. Financial IQ Test: How Healthy Are Your Bank Accounts? The test really is about how well you keep on top of your bank accounts. I scored Excellent based on the criteria by Nora Dunn @ Wise Bread.
7. How to Choose a Certified Financial Planner – Pick a CFP Like You Pick A Tattoo Artist. How could you not want to read this article mixing financial planners and tattoo artists? Plus Hank @ Own the Dollar has good information on how to select a CFP.
8. Boomer Travel and Airline Bag Fees. Dragging my suitcase through DFW earlier this month to avoid a $20 checked bag fee got my creative juices flowing but in the meantime, GoTo @ Go To Retirement provides his thoughts on airline luggage fees.
9. Women and Retirement. There is a lot of comment discussion on this post by Robert Brokamp @ Get Rich Slowly. He points out that women face unique challenges in retirement planning. I think it’s true historically but things are a changing!
10. The 10 Toughest Jobs. Craig @ Bible Money Matters lists jobs that are not physically tough, but rather mentally stressful. Your list might be different, but I wouldn’t want to work at any of these jobs.
Money Hacks Carnival #100 @ Ultimate Money Blog
Carnival of Money Stories: Springtime in Arizona Edition @ Funny About Money
Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #125 – January 22, 2010 @ The Skilled Investor
Content © Bucksomeboomer 2009-2010. All Rights Reserved.